- Can you please not smile while i’m painting you, Giro? I’m trying to catch this very powerful emotion that is in your gaze when you’re pissed off.
Riario laughed and then, for a few minutes, he remained still.
- You’re preoccupied today, Artista, - Riario jumped off the horse and came closer to Leonardo.
- Painting..is about… it’s about more than just strokes. - said Da Vinci. - There’s perspective. I mean, do I paint you from below…or do I paint you from above? And then there’re details. Do i paint you in a hat or in glasses?..
Girolamo sat down on the cart and took an apple in his hand. He looked at the scrim and started to laugh.
- So I’ve been posing to you for almost an hour and you have drawn nothing, Leo? - he bit the apple and grinned.
Da Vinci sat next to the Count and took the apple from his hand, bit it and threw away. Girolamo looked surprised.
- I really liked that apple, - he smiled. - And what about this painting, i thought we came to an agreement: you are to finish it until the sunset or..
- If I was a dutiful servant I’d consider the needs of my patron.. But I’m not, so that.. - Leonardo gasped.
He lifted his hand up and touched Girolamo’s cheek..
- Color. How about the particular shade of bronze that i use to highlight your cheekbones? And your trousers.. should they be taupe or black? Or no trousers at all..